Gnomon is the first sundial-inspired watch project by Solar Lab. It researches the design features and concept of actual ancient Roman sundials and forges the connection between a historical time-teller and a modern timepiece. The automatic movement uses only one hand to tell the time, referring to the gnomons of sundials that cast shadow on their surface.
The layout of the dial bears references to an actual sundial look and is divided on 10- and 30-minutes mark between the hour indexes. In the center of the dial is a metal plate that's scratched by hand for more antique look, which makes each model unique. All Gnomon watches have a transparent back lid, signature zodiac engraving and Italian-made leather straps.
- Case Diameter: 43 mm
- Case Thickness: 11 mm
- Band Material: 100% genuine leather handmade in Italy
- Strap buckle: 316L Stainless steel
- Band Max/Min Length: 215 mm / 165 mm
- Band Width: 20 mm tapered to 17 mm
- Total Weight: 65 gram
- Case / Back case Material : 316L Stainless steel
- Crystal: Sapphire Coated
- Water Resistant: 5 ATM
- Movement: Citizen Miyota 8215 Automatic (21 Jewels)